Friday, April 8, 2016

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Episode 1

Hey everyone, Kevin here. Today I’m not gonna watch School Days. Instead I invited my girlfriend Caitlin along to watch the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney anime. Both of us are big fans of the games and we vaguely knew this was gonna come out but we were still pleasantly surprise to see it was finally available online. Thank you Crunchyroll. Anyhow, this blog is being written a week after watching the episode due to a lack of time earlier this week. We did record our live reactions so they’ll be transcribed for you in this blog. From here on out I will attempt to upload these on Sundays, the day after the episode comes out. So expect another one very soon. Now without further ado…

Kevin: “Wow, this got violent immediately.”

Kevin: “What’s up with that weird dot on his forehead. I’ve always wondered about that.”

Kevin: “Did you catch that?”
Caitlin: “Yeah, I did.. Nice.”

Caitlin: “His badge is really small”
Kevin: “And I think it just switched sides… Wait, no.. the other one was a mirror. Nevermind.”
Caitlin: “Usually in the games the badge looks really big.”
Kevin: “No it is really small. You’re mainly just used to seeing it in the Court Record.”

Hello Steel Samurai, I didn’t see you the first time around but I caught you when gathering the pictures for this blog post.

Kevin: “I don’t remember this..” *Mocking the ‘they changed it now it sucks attitude’*
Caitlin: *laughs* “This is kind of awesome. If this is how actual courts work, that’d be pretty good.”
Caitlin: “And it suddenly turned into Mother 3! …and then he jumps off a cliff.” *laughs*

Kevin: “I always pictured- Wait.. Wasn’t he always really tall in the games?”
Caitlin: “Yeah, Gumshoe was really big.”

Caitlin: “Oh my god, I love that though. That was neat.. as hell.”

Kevin: “I’m trying to see what the thing on his bag is…”
Caitlin: “I don’t know what the hell that is…”

Caitlin: “Can I just say the animation for this is really really good. Like, I’m digging this so far. It’s beautiful. I know it’s supposed to be an anime of the game, but it’s literally ‘an anime of the game’ it’s like.. perfect.”

There was much laughter and joy at the appearance of both Larry and the Judge Santa.

Kevin: “Oh hey, they didn’t make the blood look like ink.”

Kevin: “I like how he has all the same poses as in the game.”
Caitlin: “I think that’s actually beautiful, though.”

Kevin: “Whaaat? But I thought they were in America.”
Caitlin: “I like how they don’t even pretend.”
Kevin: “Well to be fair that was a localization thing.”
Caitlin: “I retract my statement then.”

Kevin: “I don’t remember Sahwit’s motive…”
Caitlin: “I know the clock was set to the wrong time.. but I don’t remember why he murdered her…”

Kevin: “I always was kind of confused about how the room was set up…”
Caitlin: “Yeah, I like that I now have a visual of what the room looks like.”

Caitlin: “lolwut?! Does he just suddenly have the powers of wind?!”

Caitlin: “This anime has an awesome soundtrack.”

Caitlin: “Also this is kinda weird, but I like how they have gloves on while handling the evidence; because they obviously would.”

Caitlin: “I like how… twenty cops just stormed in.”

Kevin: “Okay so, he didn’t really have a motive. That’s why we probably didn’t remember.”
Caitlin: “Yeah, he was just kind of a petty thief and he got caught. And he murdered because he got caught. Okay.”

Caitlin: “Confetti!! …Oh my god, there’s actual fucking confetti…”


Kevin: “His tie got magically back into his suit… somehow…”
Caitlin: “Continuity in animation!”

Kevin: “I was gonna say, I hoped you enjoyed Mia in this episode because she’ll be gone come the next one. Oops..”
Caitlin: “Holy shit, that was really good. Like that was really really good.”
Kevin: “…Can it be next week already?”
Caitlin: “I’m so excited for this! I was expecting it to be good, but not that good. Because usually things based on video games are kinda… bad”
Kevin: “Well, for what it was I liked the actual movie too.”
Caitlin: “Yeah, the movie was pretty good too.”
Kevin: “Except that took a lot of liberties and this is insanely faithful to the source material.”
Caitlin: “Whoever made this is staying really true to the game.”
Kevin: “From what I’ve heard this covers both the first game and Justice for All. Which kinda makes me sad because it doesn’t do the whole trilogy”
Caitlin: “They can definitely make a season 2 that’s like… the third game.”
Kevin: “They have to now.”

Kevin: “Although… what the hell is this ending? Did two ghost Maya’s just start making out?”
Caitlin: “But it’s pretty!”
Kevin: "Oh you.."


So that covers the first episode. This format is a bit different from the norm so hopefully it works out still. See you in a couple of days for episode two!

No comments:

Post a Comment